OVERVIEW OF THE MEDICAL MARKET IN MALAYSIA
Espicom Industry View
- Malaysia's medical devices are mainly imported, especially the more technologically advanced items. The market is expected to increase by a strong 2013-2018 CAGR of 13.5%, reaching US$2.7bn, or US $84 per capita, by 2018.
- Imports breached the billion dollar mark for the first time in 2012, reaching a total US$1,113.6mn, a rise of 18.9% over the previous year's total of US$936.6mn. In the five years between 2007 and 2012, imports rose at a CAGR of 14.3%. Imports are expected to continue growing at a strong rate, in line with rising health expenditure growth, and the country's heavy reliance on imports to meet its healthcare needs.
- Malaysia's major natural resource is rubber and the country's medical device exports are dominated by latex products such as surgical gloves. The share of this sub-category has slowly started to diminish with the steady growth of diagnostic imaging exports in recent years, particularly electrocardiographs and other electrodiagnostic apparatus.
STRATEGIC MARKET ANALYSIS
Espicom's highly-regarded world medical technology and device market research reports provide enhanced strategic intelligence in a user-friendly format. Each report provides in-depth information, setting the medical equipment market in context. The reports provide:
- Unique projected estimates of market size and growth for 33 equipment categories
- Five year statistical data for key economic and healthcare indicators
- Information on regulation, distribution and market access
- Detailed Medical trade data
- Data on leading local/multinational medical equipment players in the market
WITH THIS MARKET REPORT YOU CAN
- Evaluate the potential of the market
- Assess risks and opportunities on the basis of knowledge
- Profile the market for new product, licences or collaborations
- Understand the operating and regulatory environment
- Gain a complete picture on health expenditure and infrastructure
- Review the competitive environment